PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tianjin Airlines
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2011, 01:28
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

If you come to Tianjin Airlines on the 320 you may end up working for Capitol Airlines instead. I believe the contracts are written that way now, and it might happen. Here is the latest at Capitol.

About 9 months ago There were maybe 15 expats flying the line. 5 of them for about 2 years. 2 have gone back, one leaves in a month. They are going back because they have to to keep their old job back home. Unfortunately the CAAC medical appears to be getting stupid. 2 pilots that were just about line checked failed their 2nd medical, 1 was told he can only fly one more year here (??? figure that one out), and another finds out today whether he passed a blood pressure test (me). If I leave there will be 8 expats left at the end of October. God knows how many they have screened in the last year or so.

I believe of the couple of 5 pilots that finished their contract, most or all were out of work for a month or two because of medical issues.

I have no idea what is going on with medicals in China, but it isn't good. There are loads of jobs right now for bus drivers, so no worries.

If I had it to do all over, I would skip China.