PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Israeli Air Force practices for Iranian strike
Old 26th Sep 2011, 01:14
SASless

Received 555 Likes on 225 Posts
Sultan....that is the simplest (in the British usage of the word) explanation of the attempt by the Reagan Administration to gain the release of hostages I have ever heard.

You omitted a small thing called the iran/Iraq War, the Civil War in Lebanon, the kidnapping and murder of a fair number of people by Terror groups, and a host of other issues that surrounded that series of events.

Having the acquaintance of Ollie North, Netanyahu, and some others that were involved in that affair....allows me to know that you not only do not know what you are talking about....but you don't even know what you don't know. What's worse....it would be a Fool's Errand to even try to explain it to you.

Just why do you think Army Dinner Jacket and company would not either set off....or provide a nuke to a Terrorist Group for their use...should the Iranians ever cobble one the things together?

Pray tell....do you have an inside covert source that provided you with that gem of insight?

Or....perhaps....you just sat down and figgered it all out for yerself this morning over coffee?

Cirrus,

You make what could be a rather fatal miscalculation in your logic....you assume you are dealing with folks who think rationally at all times...and in all matters. That simply isn't the case with the Iranian Regime extant. They seek Martyrdom and see dying in the pursuit of their sick and warped dream as being the highest honour. Attempting to negotiate with folks like that is very similar to doing the same with a Woman with PMS. You just cannot count on things following the hoped for path if these Nutters ever get the Bomb!

In fact....my money would bet on them just by Golly deciding to light off one the Sun Bright Flash Bulbs the second they think they can bring the downfall of the Infidel societies in the West. If they wind up back in tents in the desert....breeding Goats and Camels....it would allow them to live out their fantasies of being back in the Dark Ages...and free of Infidels.

Last edited by SASless; 26th Sep 2011 at 01:27.