PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2011, 17:11
LD12986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why sell 6 slots? Probably a double benefit of dropping loss making slots and generating cash. Maybe DLH have slammed the chequebook shut. It is a bit odd though, the only thing of any worth to DLH and they make bmi sell it to stay afloat. What is the German for selling the family silver?

Why sell to IAG? Surely there would have been a STAR carrier interested which in a standalone deal would have made more sense for DLH; so surely there is a wider agenda? Are they reducing the size of an eventual deal with BA to get around regulatory and employment issues? Are they buying BA off to allow a VS tie up with STAR and bmi to progress?

The slot sale was not arranged last week, BA/IAG were aware of it a while back, yet they are still making noises about acquiring bmi, either they have been fibbing for the last few weeks, or they are still looking at it.
According to WPS the slots sold to BA were leased out so if they were due to revert back to BD, it was a case of use/sell or lose them.

I think it is a misnomer that individual alliance members act altruistically for the benefit of other members. Feed to other *A partners at LHR is of no concern to DLH. As I said they seem to want to focus on their own hubs where they are the number one player.

Again, I think VS is an irrelevance in all this.