PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2011, 16:40
oldspool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEagle, you said...

''One aspect of the IR which needs clarification is how it would be credited towards a future CPL/IR. I haven't yet had sufficient time to establish that.''

I may well have mis-understood the proposals, and forgive me for stating the obvious but, the CPL is a licence and the IR is a rating. I thought this NPA was describing the future rating(s) associated with flight in Instrument Meteorological Conditions, in which case the rating is the rating regardless of what licence it is attached to?

Therefore, I would have thought the proposals for the IR would be the same whether someone holds a PPL or a CPL.

The only difference between a CPL holder a PPL holder doing the IR is that the CPL holder would most likely complete the High Performance Aeroplanes (HPA) section of the theoretical knowledge exam(s).

Isn't that correct? I'm sure one of the introductory paragraphs said words to the effect that whilst the motivation for this work was to make the IR more accessible to private pilots that commercial pilots would also benefit.