PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3,000 jobs to go at Waste O'Space
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2011, 16:14
NutLoose

Received 2,939 Likes on 1,252 Posts
I'm sad for the individuals involved but this has to be good news for us in the military? Hopefully no more rip offs, no more sub standard kit, no more pretending its OK to sell your kit on to foreign companies whilst the UK Military soldier on with the old stuff, no more jobs on the board for 2-4 stars for setting up a contract...nuff said.

They should never have sold out of Airbus (20% stake) as the civil market is booming compared to the military market. Their books have now run dry on the military market and the sale of a dozen or so Mantis is never going to save them (heaven forbid if that ever happens).

iRaven
Problem in the first paragraph has to be addressed by the MOD. you reap what you sow and been a being an "open" contract for the likes of the Nimrod AEW from what I think I have read, one item at fault was the size of the computer used, but although recognised by the company there was no benefit to BAe to replace the inadequate item with something that would do the job, instead they reaped financial benefits by trying to squeeze software onto a computer too small for the job and hence cost over runs and major problems...... There needs to be contract cast in stone that penalises the companies as in Commecial Aviation. BA I believe is having there 777 fleet fitted at Boeings expense with Winglets? due to the over runs in the Dreamliner deliveries as part of the compensation package.......

Second I agree, it's all about seeing a return to the investors, I think it was the ATP ( Advanced Technical Problem) and 146 that suffered when they shifted the sales offices from the UK to Toulouse? Rumour was the sales staff were offered big commisions on the rest of the Aircraft for sale ( ATR?) hence the UK stuff wasn't pushed and eventually the lines were closed down.
If the likes of Hawker can take over the production of the 125 and still be selling them and making a profit, why couldn't Bae?, I realise they were looking at the investment costs of the new version, but the 800 etc still sells well.