PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I want to plan!
Thread: I want to plan!
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2002, 14:19
flufdriver

Whatever happens,.. happens!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skygirl

I know what you mean by staying on the exersize program, unless you get up at 5 am and start, the day is over before you can blink twice.

my personal belief is that while the top end of any industry is the most glamorous, it is often not where the steady money is made, therefore, I aimed my developement at the lower end of the rental market and I keep it in good condition. When the economy is humming along good, I get a lot of single professionals that are starting a career or are new here, when times are a little tougher, (like now) I get tenants that are moving down a notch to save on rent. I've been able to keep a 90% occupancy over the last three years.
The key is not to let the property run down, make sure you think of your tenants as your customers and treat them accordingly.

Of course location is always important, consider the needs of your customer, singles don't need to be near primary Schools, public transport access may be important, safety always is etc. let common sense guide you.

I have to agree with you, this rental apartment project has been the best investment I have made so far.

Vestage:

Looks like Bad-Andy has you covered.

Like I said earlier, I've been around a while and I have seen and learned a few things.

Whenever I have to choose someone where trust is going to be a significant issue, I am more interested in the character of the person then all the certificates on the wall or an impressive resume, even with my limited computer skills I can manufactor all that.

I would advise you to do the same, don't be dazzled by B*ll-sh*t.

Good luck!

Last edited by flufdriver; 27th Oct 2002 at 14:30.