PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2011, 09:42
Timothy

Sub Judice Angel Lovegod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the contrary, I think it is an excellent start. It is up to the the likes of AOPA to try to bring these self-seeking, devious liars in Cologne under control - there is clearly nobody else prepared to do it. Even the bulk of the EP Transport and Tourism Committee seems to have been successfully bought off, despite one of its members once famously saying, "Every time I come to this committee we seem to have to deal with the fallout from some decision by this wretched EASA organisation".
EASA come out with the best proposal for GA in a generation and you think that AOPA's best response is to attack them as self-seeking devious liars?

I would have thought that "yes please" and "thank you" would be a good approach.

I do hope that Nick, through AOPA, doesn't blow this for everyone else.

If anyone is concerned about Nick's approach, I would recommend lobbying Martin Robinson, whose approach is much more embracing and wise than Nick's, and who should be giving Nick his direction in the discussion. This needs to be done soon before Nick goes to meet EASA next week.