PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA AND THE IMCR - NEWS
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2011, 07:45
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bose

I know your response above was to BEagle BUT!

Change is good if its positive and for good reason not just for the sake of change.

Aviation knows no boundaries. Thousands of FAA reg aircraft trundle from the USA to Europe and Beyond every day and visa versa with European based aircraft heading to FAA land and worldwide.

The world is a very different place to what it used to be. We have far better communications we are all linked financially and dependant on each other.

Change has to be a common acceptance of licences and getting rid of old hat terratorialism, protectionism and all the other rubbish that motivates in a negative change way.

I very much hope EASA is now going forward with POSITIVE change! realises there are a lot of FAA licence holders based in Europe and appreciate why so many are based here and make positive change to put something in place which is equally as attractive as the FAA PPL IR.

I hope they realise that the IMCR is a safety addon to the PPL proved by statistics.

EASA sre supposed to be a SAFETY based organistation. That SHOULD be their one and only mandate.

What they are doing with this above cloud rating is a step in the right direction but IMO they should look at some sort of approach at SOME airports should the need be.

Above all especially with N reg pilots I hope they realise that they are dealing with real people some who will be severely financially damaged by changes they make through no fault of N reg pilots in Europe.
That is not even talking about older FAA ATPs working and based in Europe who will loose their work and livelyhood.
For them converting would not be time or financially viable with only a few years flying left to run.
I hope they look at annual excemptions for special case FAA ATPs in Europe?

FAA Licenced pilots have been legitimely flying in Europe for far longer than the EEC has been around so should have legal status based on established practice or at least a moral obligation to these people which there most certainly is.

A lot with EASA has been a NON SENSE so lets hope they are finally adding some sense to all this?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 25th Sep 2011 at 09:05.