PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Baltic
Thread: Air Baltic
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2011, 19:02
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difficult to tell who are the "good guys" (if any exist ? ) and who are the "bad guys" here.
On the face of it Herr Flick has done amazing things for airB, but has "possibly" done even more amazing things for himself (allegedly)

This is unlikely to have been without the knowledge & help of someone (or several) with influence (at the time) in Latvian politics, who are now discredited/ gone ?
The current rumours suggest tht the Latvian Govt are pretty fed up with the whole thing & are courting Finnair to set up another company (read Finncomm/Flybe by the back door) to effectively serve a HEL hub, much as the former shareholder SAS viewed airB as a feeder for its own hubs in CPH/ARN.
Govt is due to make a statement on Monday responding to BAS's offer to inject 50Million (LVL? = 70mil€) if matched by the Govt.
I think the Govt response, Yes/No/we will continue to delay&dither
will be the final statement on the future of the company in its current form.
For all my professional / resilient colleagues, I hope the response is a +ve one, but somehow, I have my doubts. There is a nasty whiff emenating from both the bunker in Berlin & the Saeima, not with two turds we construct a lovely wedding cake