PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar, or Etihad?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2011, 15:21
I-2021

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Hi there,

Time to command now in Etihad is between 3.5 and 4 years, and the upgrades are actually on the A320 for the Airbus fleet. After 500 hours as PIC on the A320 you get CCQed to the A330 and you fly mixed fleet. If you join on the A320 as a FO it takes actually 1 year to get CCQed to the A330 and fly mixed fleet. If you join on the A330, it should take you between 1.5 to 2 years to get on the A340 if you wish so (many guys are really happy flying 320/330 or 330 only). Upgrades and CCQs are obviously based on the seniority list so these are the rough figures at that moment, they can change according to the rate of fleet's expansion, but they will probably only improve with more airplanes to come. Lifestyle on the A320/330 as a FO is generally good and some months even very good, depending on what kind of flights you like/dislike obviously. For Captains it's still a bit tough on some occasions but with the upcoming upgrades it will get better. Lifestyle in the UAE is really close to the western style. You will find good schools for your kids and you will enjoy your free time.
I wish you all the best for your decision !

Cheers.

EDIT : Sorry for the auto correction of Etihad.