PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Morale Rock Bottom
View Single Post
Old 27th Oct 2002, 11:05
Mad Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the abuse your majesty – I will try not to take it personally

The point is that this thread is not news and it is in the wrong place. The administrators of this forum are obviously aware of that and therefore we are left to our own conclusions as to why they do not wish to move it. As it says in big letters on the way in here – everybody has their own agenda. (Or words to that effect).

As far as my defending my employer is concerned, I do not feel that I have to do that. Let the facts speak for themselves. Look at the company growth rate (including IPO) over the last few years and tell me it’s not a success story.

No company is perfect of course and I for one have witnessed many imperfections in this company, as I have in others I have worked for before. Although I have moved companies several times in the past, I, like many of my colleagues who have been employed from the early days, am still here. On balance I can say that there have been (and still are) plenty of worse places to work.

As usual the vocal minority with strongly felt opinions may appear to be speaking for us all. However, you’ve got to say, that if it was really SO bad as they (NTE & others) make out, then the airline would be unable to operate its aircraft as the majority of the drivers would have voted with their feet!

How many of EZY’s pilots have left in the last 12 months? The answer is very few. The reason cannot be entirely attributable to the effects of 9/11. Note that the company does not seem to feel the need currently to accept DECs, instead they are planning to promote all of their 2003 Commanders from within. With perhaps another 12 or so airframes on the way this coming year, that is another 150 pilot jobs created – all the new Commands from pilots already employed in the right-hand seat!

As far as news of what’s happening in the Low Cost Sector, maybe you’re right – this thread’s just the place to find out how the LCAs are eating into territory held by the “Trads”. There is only one way to do short-haul and make a profit and that is the way we are doing it – the writing’s on the wall.

So as far I am concerned, in respect of adverse comment from a minority, it’s not so much a case of Nil Taurus Excretus, more like Nil Carborundum Illegitimae!

Cheers, Max