PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Paul Holmes and Erebus
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2011, 10:45
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
Is it just coincidental, that after 33 years Holmes book comes out after Ron Chippendale is not here to answer these charges of malfeasance
It's pretty disgusting really.
PH spends a lot of time denegrating RC and crapping on about how little he knew about jet airliner accidents, but never addresses the fact that he himself knows less. He also spends a lot of time expaining how the good name of JC was smeared and tarnished when he was no longer there to defend himself.......and then goes on to smear and tarnish the name of RC now that he also is not here to defend himself.
And the worst bit? PH doesn't actually understand what he is talking about. I am sure that he thinks/ believes he does, but he doesn't.
He never will either, just like the people who read his book and take all the flowery romantic rubbish in like it's gospel. It's all very emotional, but he'l never understand why so many airliners DON'T fly into hills. Thats one thing he'l never understand. If you asked him he'd probably think its because airlines have such good navigation sections now and systems are so reliable that they never need cross checking , if only he knew. I had a flight plan a few months ago that put me more than 400nm off track at my destination and the fuel burn predicted was out by six tonnes......by PH's reckoning its a miracle we made it.
RC did his job, it's sad to see his character assaulted publicly by a novice chasing some quick cash.