PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Going for it or not..advice please!
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2011, 09:47
usualguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear user 777,

this job requires only one thing : luck.

you have guys who apply at BA or Air france and got contract the next day, and you have 100'000 guys who have to pay all rating from 0 to ATP and flight instructor + several type ratings, several 500h line traning, and who can still not get a job.

I know a lot of these kids who one day were thinking with a CPL they could fly a citation jet.parent really worry or wife very upset asking for divorce.Kids miserable...

so it 's up to you, but if you fail and lose all your money and your wife because you don't find a job after 5 or even 10 years, or a bad paid job as a flight instructor where you can not even pay you rent, what will you say?

you will risk everything just for the joy of flying?don't be ridiculous!

if you want to know what is flying commercially:
wake up at 4 am, go to the airport,
take off at 6 am in your warrior , make 6 legs of 1.5 hours(between each flight, stay at least 1 hour in your plane while waiting for refuel and simulate PAX boarding or PAX not coming),
then come back , stay another 30-45 minutes at the airport to simulate immigration.
then go sleep in a bad hotel ( you are not authorized to go home),
and do the exact same things for 3-4 days...

after come back here on Pprune , and tell us how great it was!
About food, take sandwiches, because as you are going to be paid badly and we need to take this into consideration , you have to save money somewhere to pay your training back...and after your 3 days of exciting trip , pay the rent of you plane(3x the normal rate), and please don't complain, because many guys pay line training (you must pay 3x to simulate line training)..

and if now you tell me you can not rent an aircraft because you don't see the point to fly for nothing, I think you are right, because it s what most pilot do and this industry is already down since long time because nobody do anything.

Pilots are not the smartest people on earth and airlines know that.