PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revalidating an expired PPL to hour build
Old 24th Sep 2011, 09:12
Shifty1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Revalidating an expired PPL to hour build

I'll start with explaining my situation.

I got my fixed wing PPL in 2004, revalidated in 2006, have not flown since and now i'm looking to confirm the process of re-obtaining my priviledges. Please try and avoid comments of, 'serves you right for being lazy', the lapse was due to operational injury with the mil, and on being declared fit, subsequent operational tempo.

I'm now looking to crack my CPL. I now work overseas as a contractor, 9 weeks on, 4 off. I'm looking to complete my ATPLs DL and hour build on my leaves. Hopefully completing the full CPL modular in my current employment, and keep it until I pick up some sort of work as a professional pilot. (I don't really care if its flying rubber obvious out of hong kong).

I have the PPL, so i can at least get the ATPLs, but i'll need to get the PPL back inline to crack the hour building. A bit of multi tasking. I've written to a few schools, in the UK and abroad, but i've not got a decent answer yet. I'm hoping its just a case of getting amongst it with an instuctor and then re sitting a PPL skills test (ie not having to complete the ground school again, as this will interfere with the ATPL study)

I'd appreciate the help guys and girls, let me know.