PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 15:25
Rhcriad Bsranon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anybody else heard from BA?

First of all, big thanks to ‘Mad Jock’ and all those who kindly wrote to assist with those little teething problems I encountered, especially ‘TP’ who PM’d to advise that I need to be more adept at distinguishing between seconds and minutes if I am to enjoy a successful career with B.A..

However, in light of a letter received from B.A. in the morning post, I consider it purely academic:

Dear Mr. Branson,

I write in response to your recent application in my capacity as Pilot-in-Chief for British Airways. As an extremely busy and revered member of the company, I wholly disapprove of having to burden myself with the menial task of replying to applicants directly. However, in the circumstances you have left me no option. I refer to your recent erroneous assumption that, “no one from B.A. bothers to read the pages of PPRuNe,” posted in a message on the popular internet website: ‘Professional Pilots Rumour Network.’ I refer also to your feeble attempts at inciting others to ‘give the game away’ in relation to the selection process, to say nothing of your apparent contempt for my favourite workhorse, the A320 Airbus, which continues to provide a sterling service to the world’s favourite airline.

Notwithstanding assiduous warnings against, from the droves of harbingers and rather irksome aspiring company men alike, you continued to probe and prod in utter defiance of a clear and absolute directive prohibiting you from doing so, with your frequent and random jottings on those aforementioned hallowed pages.
Seldom, in a very long and distinguished career, have I seen such brazen displays of sheer arrogance and impudence in equal measure but on this occasion, Branson, you have certainly taken the biscuit.

Frankly, however, I don’t give a flying toss if you discuss the minutiae of the application process during the most indiscrete pillow talk with my dear, darling wife or even my most treasured mistress; I’ll leave those big girls’ blouses in H.R. to deal with that. However, I DO take particular exception to being reminded that I am indeed a “snidey, miserable ol’ bggr” (as you coined it!), especially by some northern semi-literate who cannot even spell his own name!

Ergo, have taken the decision to deal with this matter myself, and although the process has left me with a rather sore bottom, the experience of dispensing with your application has given me an immeasurable sense of satisfaction.

Good riddance, Branson; there’s no room for your kind here!

Gloves (Capt.)

PS….Top marks for ingenuity BTW. Have followed instruction to the letter, and constructed my own simulator as you describe. Really works rather splendidly.

Anyone have Virign’s number handy?