PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Govt. (Air Niugini) buys APNG
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 09:39
Waghi Warrior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

My comments about APNG a bit rough ay, well they aren't in my view ! Look at ANG's safety record compared to APNG's dudes. No disrespect to any of the ex and current APNG pilots as they know what's wrong with the company, and I agree totally with them.

In all honesty I would even go to the extent to say that APNG's Dash 8 operation is ran reasonably well thanks to a lot of experience within the senior ranks, however the Twin Otter operation obviously has some major issues, you just have to consider the Kokoda and Kikori accidents, Frieda River incidents and the latest involving a extremely high time ex C@T Captain having a near death experience crossing the Kuta Ridge in bad weather, where the hell are the standards if incidents like this happen ? I'm not being rude or antagonistic APNG, I'm just outlining my concerns. I also hope that PX make the transition for the APNG pilots into their C@T system simplified and transparent.

Welcome aboard fellas as you will be most welcome, well at least by the PX pilots and more importantly in 215 ! However I see 215 could become somewhat crowded in the future if we don't get a new venue, aero club maybe ?