PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Took my Air Law exam on Sunday! ...Failed :( Any tips and advice very appreciated!
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 09:17
Ds3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats! I was in a similar situation in not having studied enough, although I just managed to scrape through with 77.5% It may have been better if I had failed and had to revise again to get a better understanding of the subject, but I still intend to revisit Air Law to improve my knowledge, despite having passed.

I did have the Pooleys book and worked through it, completing all the exercises, and was consistently achieving 95-100% on the online quizzes so thought I was ready. However, I found the phrasing of the questions in the exam and the topics they focused on very different and designed intentionally to catch you out, such as giving you two answers that were genuinely correct, just one slightly more so. Lesson learnt, must study harder for the next ones!

Just need to get my first solo done now which will hopefully be tomorrow - slightly frustrated as I'm about 16 hours in now and have been ready for about 3/4 lessons but due to various factors it's not happened, but as others have said its not a race.