PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Rosters
Thread: EK Rosters
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 07:37
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here.

I know I will be shot down by the usual EK sycophants, but I say it again:

We get flyers, articles on the portal from studies and so forth about the way rostering should look like to mitigate fatigue. Only to see them removed when the bs rosters constantly do otherwise.

There was an article about how to roster multiple sectors over many time zones, to avoid 24h consecutive layovers in favor of one shorter (18h) or if in multiples, to go for 36h, to enable 2 sleep cycles.
Look at that ominous KUL-MEL, or the other FE-AUS multiple sector pairings (now new on the F): All have consecutive, killing 24h layovers at impossible hours.
Where is that article now? Nothing nowhere anymore!

Same goes with the East - West sectors. There was stipulation as to minimize this, even avoid, or at least to set in enough local nights to get your inner platform to spin more or less normally again.
Where is such an article now? Where is the FRMS? Oh, right, they are "observing" and analyzing the rosters. Eternally. The findings will be placed on our graves, with the flag.

I do also love flying, love the job. But I'd love to see someone, someday to stick to the serious findings and what has been published. The constant shoving down the responsibility to the individual to mitigate fatigue, knowing he can only do it by pressing 2 and subsequently getting harassed by some jerks in the office who themselves never fly ULRs, is immoral and unsafe.