PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing Manufacturing Quality
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 03:48
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Boeing QA?

Once upon a time I would agree with your assessment, however I would think that recent events, since the termination of QA auditors who were identifying non compliant (and I think I am being very generous in terminology) fabrication of the fuselage barrels of the B737NG's and the abject underwhelming response of the FAA, highlights the fact that both Boeing and FAA are at best resting on their laurels.

On August 21, 2006, Sky News alleged that Boeing's Next Generation 737s built from 1994 to 2002 contained defective parts. The report stated that various parts of the airframe produced by Ducommun were found to be defective by Boeing employees but that Boeing refused to take action. Boeing said that the allegations were "without merit".[9] However, a one year investigation by Al Jazeera's People & Power series in 2010 questions the safety of some structural parts in 737s.[10]

Are Boeing's Big Jets Safe? [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums

FindACase™ | United States ex rel Smith v. Boeing Co.

FindACase™ | United States ex rel Smith v. Boeing Co.

Flight Risk | Mother Jones

On a wing and a prayer - People & Power - Al Jazeera English

http://www.hamilton-co.org/appealsco...0_04022008.pdf

Contractor Case - Federal Contractor Misconduct Database - POGO

Flight Risk - Mother Jones - Nbr. 306 - Author: Kaplan, Sheila - Id 62717043 - vLex

Internal Boeing Documents Support Whistleblower's Allegations: Aircraft Quality Control Problems Cited

http://pogoarchives.org/m/tr/faa-boe...t-20000211.pdf

DoD IG Report on Audit of Boeing Spare Parts Contracts (May 2011)

Boeing asks for media contacts from former workers in whistle-blower case / LJWorld.com

USA is hardly the poster child for jurisprudence... even with the greatest sympathy for 9/11