PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2011, 00:29
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure it's the end game as yet. There's a whole lot of shouting to be done!

Nobody outside of the Lufty group board room (and I'll bet most of them don't know yet either) what is going to happen. There are of course plenty of options. Sell, shut down, break up or do nothing.

My own personal opinion (and I stress that this has no fact anywhere near it) is that a break up of the group is most likely, though what will mean I have no idea. A sale of regional would plug the hole for a couple of weeks. A sale of Baby I see as more difficult.

Mainline is where the major losses are coming from, but then again, it's also where the main value is.

So the lesson from this, is that no-one knows. All the rest of us at bmi can do is to keep on doing the best we can and wait for a decision to be made. I don't like it, but what else can you do?

I just hope someone makes a decision soon, because this uncertainty is not helping one little bit. Staff are miserable and it's absolutely paralysing the decision making.

Lufty got sold a pup, but they need to decide whether they want it or not. If not, then get on with it. If they do, then get on with it.

Destroying bmi would be a heinous crime considering the fantastic history that it has and the still loyal (sometimes inexplicably) following from passengers, it would also be massively embarassing for Lufthansa, but at the end of the day money talks.

What will be, will be. Depressing, but ultimately true.