PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Carmen Rosters
Thread: Carmen Rosters
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2002, 22:41
Anti-ice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Echoing the reply given by Psr 777, true the Eurofleet rosters have just been generated with this so called 'fabulous scheduling system' .

The only thing good about it is how it benefits the company, by taking the crew up to their 52 hrs a week.

(Also many BA shorthaul flights are now working 1 crew down, to save money, - so if you wonder why it takes an hour to receive your drink on a LHR-GVA you know why)

If you look at the carmen site www.carmen.se , you see how the whole thing is designed to maximize the use of transportation personnel , which is fine for some boffin to dream up in his cosy office in Gothenburg,
but in the real flying world leads to fatigue / disrupted flying programme.

My friend achieved 2.5% satisfaction on his NOV bid - brilliant technology - the old system at BA (which i believe was 2ndhand from KLM, did a perfectly good job in comparison - if it ain't broke, why fix it???
Some crew have 4 x 3 day trips, others have 14 there and backs and 7 available/standby days , most impressed.

It's interesting to see that some fellow crew are still getting bad rosters after using the sysytem for 3 years,It looks like Carmen have their work cutout at BA, I hope it came with a 12 mth guarantee.

The crew have been told to give the system ' 7 day working blocks ' to work with - - - - - Who the hell wants to do 7 day working weeks for the rest of their career ??!!!!

Er, NO-ONE.