PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - question for EK cabin crew
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 18:29
bettigio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I'm a pilot for another airline here in Dubai but my fiance' is a cabin crew in Emirates.
I asked her your questions and on behalf of her here are the answers:

"ok, it is like that, u bid but if u ge smth or not depends on how Lucky u r! nobody promises u'll get it. i've been flying for 1 1/2 and i never got any flight i ever bid 4. but at the same time i should say that 2 times i got 5 days off before or after my leave as requesed. coincidence - i dont know...
my salary as GR2 (economy) is around 3000$ if i fly good(i mean the hrs).
if u never move to DXB, u'll actually never know. it depends. some ppl cannot stand it and leave in despair and disappointment. i was lucky, after i moved here, my bf managed to move to dxb as well, so i dont experience loneliness and solitude. so, once u r coming with ur wife, ek and life in dxb may be a good place for u to grow and save. the allowance u'll get is 43 each. my bf is renting an apt (a bit on the outskirts though) 1 bedroom, living room/kitchen+2bathrooms for 43 per year+he has a car, so it's not a problem for him to get into any part of dxb any time. pretty good,isnt it?!
**** happens onboard all the time, but at the same time it's the matter how u take it...so,it's bearable.
about kid's treatment - yes, it happens all the time as well and the examples r obvious from the 1st day u go2the HQ. but it's ok. u experience it, u hear that but u sleep with it and the next mrng u feel as if nthg ever happened!
when smbdy asks me if it's worth coming or not, my answer is that at the end of the day it's u own decision and u never know be4 u try it. after that it becomes ur own choice.
good luck and probably cu guys both soon! )"

Wish you guys all the best.
Gio