PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decline in Pilot Salaries Survey
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 16:25
lemel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chocks away,

It is simple. Salaries do not get reduced if there is a shortage of pilots. Companies also won't make guys pay for their endorsements if there is a shortage. Until I see an upward trend in salaries, I won't believe the smoke and mirrors.

-QF are making pilots redundant.
-Jetstar hold interviews under the premise candidates will be working in oz, but then get told the only jobs are in Singapore or enzed on inferior conditions. So people tell them to stick it and they wonder why they can't get guys/gals.
- skippers pay poorly, but more importantly, treat their crews very badly (I wonder why they can't get or retain crew).
- Skywest are most certainly not parking aircraft due to a lack of crew. What a joke.
- As I mentioned in my earlier post, Cathay have reduced their salaries and housing allowance (FYI I know numerous guys that have told them thanks, but no thanks for this reason).
- Tiger make their crew pay for their own uniforms and parking at the airport. Enough said on that one.
- Garuda.... Are you kidding me? What exactly do these guys pay?

Let's say there is an airline parking aircraft due to a crew shortage (I have heard something about H.K.Exress - although don't quote me on it). How long do you think there will be a shortage if they increased salaries by 50% for example?

If anything, there is a shortage of pilots that will work for poor pay and conditions.