PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 13:09
Black Pudding

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but my experience is more than enough for the First officer position
I have lots of friends with lots of hours who applied and never heard back.

Chill out, relax and get on with life looking for a job.

As for wide body. What you get offered at the interview or even when you arrive may not be what you actually end up flying. They can do what they want here and if you don't like it, live with it or leave. Simple as that.

I am on the 320 fleet and I am very happy. Rosters are crazy but I have 2 choices, get on with it or leave. I am happy to stay at the moment as its a secure job as long as you dont f@ck up. Has lots of prospects too. Time to command is about 3-5 years and where else could you possibly in time get the chance to fly 319 320 321 330 340 350 380 787 777, oh and the freighter 300's !!!!!

Those that whine on here are those that like to find something to moan about. They are a very minority and in general most guys and girls are ok with things although the worst thing here is the rostering. Its mad because of short of crews I think.

Money is paid on time evrytime, accomodation is provided and aircraft are well maintained. So far, I have never ever felt pressured into doing something I should not be doing and I am very happy.

You work hard, but you tell me where there is a better job, and if anyone says Emirates, well maybe if your already not in the dessert, but if your already here, the sand and the camels all look the same.

The 320 fleet, its the future LOL