PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etiquette for job hunting in Canada
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 11:12
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
The context of the post was lost when two threads were merged and people got confused.
I can imagine that could happen, as at the time, I could not figure the context out myself, though it appears that threads were being deleted too, which could have further complicated the situation.

Just tread lightly. The fact that SAS might respond as though he was offended, is a red flag to you, that what you posted was perhaps interpreted negatively (intended or not) and that probably does not serve your broader interests well.

PPRuNe, and forums at large, are tricky (which I give credit to you for already knowing) in that you have nearly no idea the experience, or "station" in aviation of the corresponding poster - unless you communicate directly, or go and meet them in person (both of which I have done with SAS). It could be a student pilot, or company president....

It makes "no nevermind" to me how you make out with this, but, as I'm reading a very good book on Human Factors, which has a great section on crew interaction, my mind is on the compatibility of crew members, based upon personal attitude. I don't know your disposition, but I know how it appeared, in one very small example, and it seems SAS did too - and he hires pilots....

I'll leave it to you....

By way of advice, rigpiggy gave you a list of cities. Good list, though considerable travel expense for you between them. Plan it carefully, Canada might be bigger than it first appears.

The citizens of Canada do extend the privilege to work here to other citizens. I'm not sure it is a right.

As you are a Caravan pilot, this link of a bit of my work might amuse you....