PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skills test tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 10:59
Markiepickle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You are probably up there now, so good luck, but just in case you get to read this, a couple of things to watch (and which caught me out) are:

1. Make sure you dial in the correct frequencies. I blame the nerves and sweaty fingers but I made small errors twice which meant listening out for idents which never came. Luckily my examiner pointed these errors out (he was very helpful)!

2. I was asked to climb to an altitude which took me into cloud. I pointed out that I was not allowed to fly into cloud which was the correct answer!

3. On my PFL, I was fixated on a great field on my left side and carried out an acceptable PFL. However, if I'd looked past my instructor out of the right hand window I would have seen an airstrip which would have been the better choice!

4. He did not ask me the verbal part of the test until he was about to pass me at the very end. By that time my brain was frazzled and I think he knew that because my answers were all over the place!

So good luck and enjoy it - I actually found that I flew very confidently even though I was bricking it before. Despite the mistakes, my examiner was happy that I was a competent and safe pilot and was happy to pass me.

Let us all know how you got on.