PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Australia its own Worst Enemy?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 09:10
Wiley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oz media today having a wonderful time NOT getting an answer from a number of Labor politicians to the question: "Has Kevin Rudd been in touch with you raising the subject of a leadership challenge?" One Queensland Senator, (I missed his name), was incredibly inept in his refusal to answer the question, where Albanese, (while careful not to actually answer the question), did so with a bit more aplomb.

Meanwhile, the boss of the Health Services Union has taken leave of absence and the union has brought in an independent tribunal to look into the union's procedures, and in particular, secret commissions...

It will be particularly interesting to see what it says about the use of union credit cards.

As much as I'm deeply disappointed in Julia Gillard's performance since she grabbed power, I seem to recall that I was REALLY disappointed in Kevin Rudd's performance as well leading up to his (then welcome) ousting. If he manages to get back in the top job, his history would suggest that he'll find it very difficult not to indulge in quite a bit of payback. (Leopards and spots is the phrase that comes to mind.)

The major pitfall I can see if he did that is that afterwards, there'd be precious few left to man the front bench.