PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Archer III
Thread: Archer III
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2011, 02:05
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You probably can't go too far wrong with the type. A very capable, easy to maintain and proven machine.

I think any pitfalls will be in the importation side of things.
This would include the Pre-buy inspection, Export Cof A, disassembly and packing, shipping etc. Then you also have assembly and Import Cof A etc once it is landed.

I have seen some very easy imports over the years, the guys that did their homework and managed to find a machine with good logs and then chose wisely with the team to do the packing.
The flip side is not worth thinking about, so much can go wrong. It is normally associated with unrecorded maintenance or poorly done mods/repairs. Needless to say it will be a show-stopper and often expensive to rectify.

So choose a good type, and I am sure the Archer is great. Get a proper pre-buy done and a good packing team.
All else will just fall into place.

If you are fortunate enough to get really good paperwork the guys here can set to and start raising new logbooks and cross converting the AD's etc. All this before the aircraft even lands in the country.

While I am sure the guys here will offer feedback on the type, I doubt you will get many negative comments on the Archer.