PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seneca V Crash
Thread: Seneca V Crash
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2011, 23:46
newfieboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I normally reside on the Rotorhead or Mil boards, but due to a couple down days due fog, got reading this thread to pass the time. Oh my goodness, what a character this chap seems to be and quite the soap opera. I hope you guys/gals who lost money or time with this Walt get back what is owed.
It aso worries me that this pillock is in our airspace occasionally, thank goodness most of my days are low level ops.....The flight plan for the Greenland prang done on Flight sim really caught my attention, because I'm pretty certain this individual was passing through Quebec not so long ago and I met him. He was in for fuel and being an Expat Brit, noticed the accent, so went over for a chat. It dawned on me through conversation that this guy had absolutely no clue, and the flight planning was none existant. Us guys here in Canuckland take flight planning very seriously due to the vastness, wilderness, weather etc. I was very concerned and mentioned it to ATC when I took off.The a/c was still there when I got back from a 3 hour flight, but no sign of crew and ATC were closed for day. Pretty sure it was this guy Weaver, he was en route St Johns, that I remember as I live there, then onwards to Greenland. Young, ginger and apparently no interest in taking advice from a 12000hr rotary guy,with local and Greenland knowledge. One final thing, being Expat, it makes me very ashamed that there is a guy from the Midlands claiming to be a professional pilot and getting away with it apparently. Calling yourself "Catain Weaver'' yeah right, with your ratings mate, I find that an insult.... Tosser.......