PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decline in Pilot Salaries Survey
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2011, 19:14
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mate rates

I'm not so sure you want the cost of living and normal day to day items to increase in the same way you expect your salary to appreciate.
Following on from your calculations your twin driver will be on $308,700 in another 30 years and fairly close to half a million next century.

Your $39 fares to Sydney may also disappear.

Look if the past is our only point of perspective then no amount of negotiating with our respective companies will satisfy those stuck in the 60's,70's,80's,90's.

I can only talk about what our negotiators (VB) have achieved and yes it has been a two step forward one step back process but the end result for the VA group of pilots has been a steady and continual improvement to our terms and conditions. The majority are pretty happy with where we are at the moment and are optimistic that a fair EBA will be negotiated at the end of the year.

I don't and have not ever looked back at what I earned in Ansett prior to '89.

Icarus2001 has a valid point which I tried to highlight earlier - one that there are reasonbly well paid jobs in Australia despite the protestations of some who just don't want to see the reality.

Yes there is room for a lot of improvement in GA and Regional but lets have a balanced view of what we have in Australia.

Glass is still half full