PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Travelling to Spain to look at Flight Schools. What Q's should I ask / look out for?
Old 21st Sep 2011, 17:39
BobG1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelling to Spain to look at Flight Schools. What Q's should I ask / look out for?

Hi all,

I'm travelling next week to Madrid and Barcelona to look at Flight Schools. (Looking to go from zero to FATPL - and haven't decided on modular or integrated yet)

After having done 100's of hours of research on this, I think I should ask the following questions below. But I would really appreciate anyone else's input on this and feel free to add to my list if you think I'm missing anything... Also feel free to label any of my questions as 'pointless'... 'ridiculous'... etc.. I won't get offended...

.How long has the flight school been in existence?
.How many planes do you have for training / what type are they?
.How old are they / how many hrs has the engine done?
.How busy is the flight school / how many students do they have, especially international students?
.How many hours to the flight instructors have?
.How long does it typically take for your students to go from zero to FATPL?
.Can I speak to your existing students and flight instructors?
.Do you have any statistics of students that graduate and get a pilot job within the first 1-2 year after graduation?
.How much is your modular and integrated course costs?
.What are any other possible costs?
.How flexible are you on your payment schedule? (i.e How much do I have to pay 'upfront' and hence risk losing money if your school goes bust)

Thanks guys,

P.S So far I am looking to visit Ibertour (Girona), Gestair, Aerotec and Madrid Flight Academy. Any other recommendations of schools with first hand experience would be very much welcomed...