PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Premiere Inn Hotel ..EK screening spy game.....
Old 21st Sep 2011, 11:45
Mr Good Cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE: Pprune

It would be unusual that EK would not give anyone a job based on them visiting this website.

In fact, it would be bizarre.

Why? Because during my interview myself and several other guys I know of were asked if we read the Pprune pages and were advised that it's good to get a balanced assessment of the place before joining and work out it's good points versus it's pitfalls (at the time it was mainly the accommodation fiasco).

It's not too clever to pay all that money to bring someone out to Dubai then have them jump ship with a shiny new 777 rating just because you tried to hide the truth from them, is it?

If you're smart enough before joining you'll make a sensible, informed decision after acquiring as much evidence from different resources as possible. That's what we do as good Skippers during non-normals, right?

And at the end of the day that's what they want to see from you during the interview of course. It's a short stint in the right seat (relative to other legacy widebody carriers) and they want good decision makers ready to make the step up without much assistance.

Irrespective of all that, do you really believe EK is capable of organising all that espionage, when they can't even sew me a new pair of pants I've been waiting weeks for?