PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unexpected Upgrade on BA
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2011, 11:33
Businesstraveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aeroflot Upgrade

Flew with a friend last summer from Tashkent to Moscow with Aeroflot in cattle class (and a cheap ticket at that). I'd been warned about the potential for dirorderly boarding so was fortunate that we were about the first on board. Some time after we took our seats a Ruski told us they had a ticket for our seat, to which I smiled and chearily told them so did I. Stewardess got involved, checked all our tickets and then shunted the chap off to another seat. Same thing happened again a few minutes later with a lady with the same result. When the plane finally completed boarding the stewardess came over and asked for our ticket stubbs and went off to the front. Came back a few minutes later with new tickets and said 'sorry for the confusion, the flight is overbooked today - we're moving you to business class'. Slightly suprising considering everyone seemed to have been sorted out, but we didn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Not the same at BA Club World, but it was a propoer business class cabin and service none the less.