PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi-Crew Pilot Licence (MPL) conversion
Old 21st Sep 2011, 08:46
risk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LeadSled

I reckon we are deviating from the topic at hand. I have indeed read the regulations in its entirety, but have not found an answer to my original question, which is, conversion of MPL across international borders. This question was then deviated to an argument about MPL (as always).

I was ‘banking’ on the HOPE that once I attain my ATPL via the MPL, I shall be able to convert the ATPL. The issue was however that an ATPL conversion requires a conversion of a CPL, & CASA are explicit about it. They explicitly state CPL… so that is where the ‘screw-up’ is…

Anyhow, I do FULLY support you in believing that MPL is the future & will eventually be the mainstream method of training.

Some of the major airlines are already considering MPL for their cadet programmes & are already in the process of preparing the ground-work (examples cant be provided at this time due to breach of information laws, but a small search through this website will give provide an answer ). A few LCC(s) are already training their cadets via the MPL syllabus (many examples of those... or Google it)