PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WA Air Operator sues CASA and Officials
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2011, 08:31
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoa - Jokes and poets aside.

It's a credibility and respect thing, really.

I, for one would love to think that had CASA, as a model litigant, taken 'Bodgit and Leggit Airways' to task, in court there was a bloody good reason for it. Bravo and well done. If the law, (as writ), operational sense and mutual respect failed, then fine, prosecute the buggers. Vigorously.

The 'learned counsel' earn their keep, doing what they do. 'They' are not the problem, it's their duty to act on behalf of whichever side of the court they sit on. So far, all good, in theory.

The industry is not always a model citizen, there have been some very shaky operations, all good at the approval stage, but operational and commercial expediency creep into the mix, Chief pilots get 'seduced' by the dark side and generally a firm hand is needed to oversee operations and where required, a judicially applied 'thick ear' is warranted. No argument from me.

But sadly, there are too many documented instances of this not being the case.

I am not anti an honest, competent 'Authority', not at all, but I cannot abide liars and bullies, at any cost, especially when this is repeatedly proven, beyond reasonable doubt, several times a year.

The WA cases will run their course, CASA may win, they may loose. Who cares?.

The fact is even if the operator was dead bang to rights out of order, the industry will sneer (behind their collective hands) shrug and say 'CASA what do you expect'. This is a shame, embarrassing, totally counter productive and drives open discussion underground.

Total lack of credibility leading to an absolute lack of respect?; yes I believe so. Time for a change - from all concerned.

Selah.