PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Weather tomorrow morning
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2002, 08:40
FormationFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speedbird252
Regardless of the various wind speeds/directions, the Warrior is only certified for 17 Knots crosswind component (i think).
Actually there is no such thing as 'certified' for any perf E a/c that I am aware of in regards to crosswind limits. What is specified in the POH/FM is the 'Max Demonstrated Crosswind Limit' - there is nothing legal about it. You can quite legally land in 20kt crosswinds. And believe me at 25kts the warrior is a more than capable a/c. On the other hand the Flying Order Book at the club you fly *is* legally binding and therefore must be obeyed. If the FOB does not specify then its down to what you as PIC decide is a sensible limit for your experience and the a/c in question.

SteveQB
Go along anyway - I really yearn for the day my students turn up regardless.....and you should - there is *so* much stuff to cover on the ground - you can brief, do technical stuff, familiarise yourself with the cockpit, checklists, a good walkround training will take at least 30 mins anyway.

All this stuff is normally crammed alongside flying in tight slot times...but that means you are missing out on valuable instructor time...chances are your instructor will be there regardless and you might as well make him work as ground instructionat almost all clubs I know is actually free - but it will make a HUGE difference in your PPL training....so go along anyway....

PS. I know this is kinda after the event re timing - but the advice I am giving here is good for the future...there is *always* something productive I can have a student doing...

Hope this helps,
FF