PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA / EFT - to be forewarned is to be forearmed
Old 20th Sep 2011, 16:33
Farrell
The Cooler King

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all, congratulations on what I hope will be a successful pregnancy for your partner and may you have a happy and healthy newborn child to bring joy into your life.

To cut things down to the bare essentials:
If you are really interested in doing a PPL then go ahead and book a course with EFT. Talk to Ian Poll or Matthew Adams: two top-notch instructors who will not mess you around when it comes to training.

However.....
While you are booking yourself in on an intensive course, the clock is ticking for you in a few ways - particularly in relation to how long your sabbatical from work is going to be.
What is advertised as a five or six week PPL is in the lap of the weather and the technical gods.
You could end up there for longer than that, or in the case of my first attempt, a combination of bad weather and a tech issue caused me to have to quit training and come back home to work and then refinish at a later date.
That was a long time ago, but it still smarts.

Secondly, while I know it is going to be great to get a PPL and it may be a life dream for you, the big fact here is that there is a pregnant woman about to get abandoned for at least six weeks (even if she is traveling with you!) - this is probably not the best situation for you to find yourself if she needs you and you can't come home.

Your responsibilities as a father have already begun mate. They do not begin in six month's time.
That naive statement makes me wonder about you.....a lot!

Farrell