PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GAR form - do you have to inform immigration?
Old 20th Sep 2011, 15:59
martello

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on electronic GAR

Just an update as promised on the status of a Web based GAR submission.
As reported here and elsewhere the Home Office have had a change of contractor on the eBorders project. Whilst this is not the direct cause, there is some significant delay in implementing an interface to the eBorders secure servers. We have been told we cannot now go live (as was expected in August) with the AOPA web portal nor with the smartphone apps - which we had in an interim form without the relevant interface but with emails connecting to various required receivers. Various project activities now have to take place with ominous sounding names like 'risk assessment' 'business case'. When the interface is ready a consultation will take place. So my estimate is that this will not now see the light of day until spring next year.
Meanwhile the Android app is still available for free on the android market (or at least I will post a new version in the next two weeks) if anyone wants to play with it and send me feedback. This will have some new and useful WX charts including cloud tops. It will be fully functional in terms of sending a GAR via email though it currently marks the GAR as a 'test'. In limited areas we may succeed in having local trials of this interim solution for real - if you wish to take part pmail me

As for the complete solution think next summer.

JM