PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aptitude tests and tea party advices
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2002, 06:06
Slasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Whatever you do pal for christs sake STAY off the grog with any SIA or CX tea-party. I blew it with CX many years ago (back in A-scale days) because I was sucked in to the champagne and friendley spirit of it all.

I didnt need a tea-party to get in but when I did my time with SQ the big-shots used to have this Friday afternoon flt ops p!ssup. These people gave a "we are one of the boys" impression. Very friendley with back-slapping and laughs. Unless you were extremely careful it was so easey to be baited. A few very very good expats lost there jobs through this, which was basicaly because the p!ssup was a weekly witch-hunt for any guailo bad-mouthing Stalag SQ. ANYTHING resembling negativity was recorded, witnessed, and put in your POW dossier at Core A Changi.

Most of us with any sense stayed away.

And yeh Lee is right. They say flattery is the food of fools so give them a huge bellyful of "Sirs", how great SQ is, etc and keep in mind the huge power-distance perception of anyone with his bum in the left seat and youll get on quite well. But dont forget for a second WHO the superior race of Asia really is because youll "fail" the next sim check if you do! Dont make suggestions for improvements or submissions to the Staff Ideas in Action scheme because youll be branded as an expat having an "attitude problem".

PS not meant to insult. I speak plainly and call it as I see it. And I saw (and survived unscathed) 2 loooong years!