PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2011, 08:29
Halton Brat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF Valley, early 1980's; tall, fair-haired Stn Cdr (& ADC to HMQ) is driving to airfield, past the Troops barrack block site. Still the eagle-eyed fighter pilot of his youth, gets a visual lock on RAF's most horrible SAC, who is supporting MT bus-stop sign with his manky body.

Stn Cdr is piqued by lack of erect posture & snappy salute in response to the pennant-bedecked limo; he pulls over (always drove himself), & beckons oik over; Stn Cdr prepares to deliver industrial-strength rollicking & appointment with the SWO (Danny McCarthy).

Stn Cdr's plans are thwarted by oik, who deftly hops into front passenger seat, declaring " Ah thanks Sir, I've missed the bleedin' MT bus to work".

Stn Cdr is totally disabled by the charm of the oik, who clearly had more neck than a jockey's bolleaux, and he delivers him straight to the main entrance of Gaydon Hangar, just as OC Eng Wg is arriving. Oik graces Wg Cdr with snappy salute & brisk "good-day Sir". Fork-lift truck req'd to reposition OC Eng Wg's jaw. Stn Cdr admits defeat & retires to his office. Oik's standing amongst fellow troops much enhanced by performance.

(I know, because I was there.........)

HB

Last edited by Halton Brat; 20th Sep 2011 at 13:59.