PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying First Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2011, 07:17
Genghis the Engineer

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by VMC-on-top
The summary states "The aircraft adopted an unusual attitude while the pilot’s attention was directed to the autopilot and GPS controls on the centre console. On recognising this unusual attitude, the pilot made a brief attempt to recover control before activating the aircraft’s ballistic recovery system. The aircraft descended under the parachute and landed in open ground."

Which part of that indicates that the sole ownership of the aircraft contributed to the accident? Lack of experience was clearly a factor but I doubt ownership of the aircraft had anything to do with it.
Lack of oversight.

Renting, that flight wouldn't have been authorised by any sensible flying club.

In a syndicate, my experience is that pilots who do daft things without proper training or enough experience (or just daft things) get firmly talked to. Or at-least have somebody there they can talk to if they are unsure of their decisions.

An example I just got in my email today, from a member of a syndicate I'm in - somebody wants to do a long trip and has emailed out saying he's not confident of doing it on his own because he's not current enough, and asking if one of the more experienced syndicate members could fly with him. This, to me, is sensible and one of the major benefits of being in a syndicate.

G