PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin operations up north
View Single Post
Old 26th Oct 2002, 02:48
nasa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How True.....But

ITCZ and MAINFRAME....How true you speak.....However.....Like any other walk of life, do the numbers properly and check the background of where you head, and things can work out for you.

I was speaking with an acquaintenace the other day, and I was reminded of when he was but a young pup, (arrogant, cheeky, ugly, spoilt, brash, couldn't fly a bad story) (that should just about do the description and if nothing else, get me a phone call ) and he purchased a Parts of Avia and headed north.....He now owns the company he started with on the same conditions of which you speak, and has some 12 or so aircraft to his name, including one he cross hires from me.....Now I didn't say he was making a fortune, but he is doing what he likes and gets to pretend he's flying (at least that's what he calls it).

Come to think of it, we both agreed that we would be better off if we owned a pub with a brothel on top and a pool in the back yard, but wouldn't have as much fun.

Like anything else in life, there are those out there ready to rip you off if you drop your guard, the difference here on PPrune is that you get the warning up front.

Good luck.....