PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2011, 03:53
bob johns

BOB JOHNS

tinpis building behind BN2 looks like the AT hangar.Met Brian OSullivan first when he and Mike Roddis were operating a pair of B206 for Airfast .in 1974. The job was a seismic survey for Didgecon. I was out in the bush with a Broom Broom for a week moving the boi line as required .Those survey blokes were strange bastards (..you had to initial you own beer and woe betide anyone grabbing a greenie with someone elses initials.) after a week of that I moved into kiap Scungie Randolfs place in Morehead,. Brian was an accomplished flemenco giutarist and a tape made in the AT pilots house in Daru was copied by many and my copy still exhists somewhere. I well remember the incumbent manager of the Daru Hilton He is one of only two people who have robbed me and got away with it, I hope all his lamb chops turn into pork.The pub got so ratty that Macair pilots used to stay in the AT pilots .house and I got paid for my trouble. Noran Martin was one.Loopy and I used to swap warrants .ie if I got a warrant to take 5 pax to F---ing Kiunga and Loopy got a warrant for a ton of freight drums etc to F---ing Kiunga ..we d swap it .seemed to work ,the admin were happy and no one grizzled so it must have been ok. .Nothing if not, practical ,us chaps.

Last edited by bob johns; 20th Sep 2011 at 03:55. Reason: lowsi spllen