PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decline in Pilot Salaries Survey
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2011, 03:06
ad-astra

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok I am not trying to argue that our Industry and Profession is not under attack from several quarters but having checked the T&C that VB pilots have experienced over the last few years it is not all doom and gloom and backwards movement.

Again not trying to start a pissing competition but 737 Command Salary 2002 was $113,300 plus retention of $15000 plus a 2% Bonus = $130,566

Current EBA which is about to expire has a minimum 737 Command salary of $190,889.
From personal experience I know that $250,000 is achievable with overtime/day off payments.

Additional 9% Super, overnight allowances, and Loss of Licence $2300, Training/Checking 10%/15% add to that package.

Some will argue that we are working a lot harder - and yes we do - but also acknowledge that a minimum of 11/12 off in 28 with an average 13/14 off and sometimes 18 off in 28 is not a bad balance with our work commitments.

Do we have challenges YES, are all pilots satisfied NO, will there be improvements YES

My point is that a reasonable remuneration package IS achievable with the support of a good negotiating team and a proactive pilot group.

Listening to some here on PPrune and it's a very different mindset.

I guess I am a glass half full person.