PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Article about lack of hand flying skills - FAA concerned
Old 19th Sep 2011, 13:08
Plectron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Bloggs is quite correct to criticize my post. What I was attempting to say, and clearly failed at, was that while I do not enjoy flying in aircraft that have neglected the creature comforts in the cabin, I would still prefer that to having 1 or even 2 pilots in the cockpit who are pretty marginal in the areas we are discussing.

My other unclear point was that most passengers are not aware of this problem and blissfully choose the airline on price or the ambiance of the cabin.

There are a very few airlines out there who still seem to keep a balance. Not many, but there are some. And interestingly, when you meet their crews on layovers they seem like they are having fun.

For the record, Mr. Bloggs, I am typed in a bunch of large airplanes from 4 manufacturers, I am still flying, was in management for a few years, have consulted with various agencies investigating accidents, and I have more then enough flight time. Thank you for your comments.

Last edited by Plectron; 19th Sep 2011 at 16:22.