PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big Crash at Reno
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2011, 02:07
westhawk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Updated Information:

CNN.com today provided some updated information regarding the Reno crash. Here is a link to the story. I have no idea how long the link will last.

I'll summarize what I believe to be the interesting parts related to understanding what happened.

NTSB board member Mark Rosekind, PHD (some of you might be familiar with his work in pilot fatigue research) announced that a telemetry system was installed aboard the accident aircraft and that NTSB personnel have been provided with the received data stored by the ground crew. Information regarding which specific parameters were recorded was not detailed in the briefing. A video cam was also installed. Multiple data memory cards were recovered from the wreckage and sent to the NTSB lab for analysis. The origin of these memory cards is unknown. Some may be from devices carried by spectators.

Rosekind was also quoted as saying that no mayday call was received from Leeward.

Parts of the tail section have been recovered including the detached trim tab.

It was also noted that a tremendous amount of video has been provided for investigators for analyze.

Analysis to follow.