PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Three killed in South Australia Helicopter crash
Old 19th Sep 2011, 01:09
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
So lets just do whatever we like then when we like because everything is just advisory. Without the CAAP giving further guidance for helicopter HLS's then we would largely be restricted to the same operating surfaces as that of a fixed wing. As you mentioned yourself, the AIP references the CAAP.

I would like to see an explanation in a civil suit (not necessarily this one) if not following the CAAP was a contributing factor to an accident.

I would also be interested to know what's in the ops manual of the AOC that NTV was operating under at the time.

Brian Abraham, one point I do agree with you on is that the lack of lighting may or may not have been a contributing factor to the cause of the accident. The point I am trying to make, was should they have been there in the first place? Would the result have been different if they had just overnighted with the tour group?

A further note, the dispensations I were referring to was the ability to operate below LSALT at night. There have been numerous accounts that they intended to film the campsite as they left.

** By the way, I mean no malice whatsoever. I am genuinely interested to find answers to these questions.

You blokes are wankers, it's not for you to comment on this in such a way.
Oxi Why not? Do you not chat about such things in your crew room following an accident or incident? Would you not call this website a 'virtual crewroom' for lack of a better term? Besides, can you come up with something more creative? I've been called worse than that many times.

Last edited by havick; 19th Sep 2011 at 03:52.