PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABC Helicopter crash near Lake Eyre
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2011, 20:22
havick

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts
601. good point, thanks for picking up on that. I was thinking more along the lines of operations below lsalt at night. at one point some of the information suggested that he was getting some shots of the camp before he left for his destination. I should've clarified.

Can't see that there would have been a car headlight on the *island* that they took off from!
Exactly what I was thinking when I started piecing together the information. The aircraft didn't have a gyro cam, so I couldn't see them getting the shots from LSALT if that is in fact what they were doing before they left. I suppose that question would be difficult to answer given the extent of the damage/wrecakge, ie was the cameraman on harness or in his seatbelt, side door open/closed, was the camera recording or not?

And FWIW, the ABC operation would have been aerial work or private. The speculation about it being Charter again shows a general lack of understanding of helicopter operations, and media related work.
I can't see how it would've been PVT. True PVT media operations are the likes of the media bases where the network owns the aircraft themselves and employs the pilot as an employee of the network. Wasn't ABC having the aircraft operated by Gary under his company film helicopters or whatever it is called, and pilots supplied through that company? When casuals flew for ABC were they paid by ABC directly or by Gary's company? I don't know the answer to these questions. As previously mentioned, being a twin, the category type has no relevance.

** For those that read my posts thinking that I have the intent of burning the deceased, I'm not. Answers to my questions may change the way that some companies operate network supplied aircraft under a labour supply arrangement.

Last edited by havick; 18th Sep 2011 at 20:32.