PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIVERPOOL - 2
Thread: LIVERPOOL - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2011, 18:57
Suzeman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one post only

Bit of a chip on your shoulder there at all?!?!?!?!
Not at all - and the fact that yours was the only other post on the subject seems to prove the point.

I thought it might stimulate some constructive discussion on why the routes were pulled and what might be done to get someone else to operate. But alas no.

And now onto taxis.

I agree entirely that taxi drivers should be well presented whatever airport they serve. For the first time visitor they are likely to be one of the first locals they meet and talk to - and first impressions count. (The same applies to the airport facilities which should be clean and comfortable).

Someone once described black cab drivers as licensed bandits. Whilst I have met some good uns, I had a fantastic trip away trip ruined by a rude and aggressive taxi driver (at a big airport not a million miles away from LPL) on my return home.

Anything that makes the service better, be it by the Airport or the Licensing Authority should be applauded. But of course neither know of many incidents etc unless they are reported. I reported the incident above to the Licensing Authority and the driver's licence to trade at the airport was withdrawn.

So it shouldn't do any harm, silverhawk, to let them know what is going on, even if you are out of it now.

Suzeman