PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2002, 18:43
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi folks,
thought you would all like to know that Lord Chalfont had a meeting with Mr Hoon yesterday (24 Oct 02).

By all accounts the meeting was a little 'frosty' and even less hospitable towards the end of the meeting. Mr Hoon said that he believed it was time for the matter to rest. He appeared to not look forward to the debate planned in the Lords for the 5th November.

Lord Chalfont reminded Mr Hoon that he had no intention of giving up and Mr Hoon made some sort of comment about two playing at that game (whatever that meant ). Can there be a Govenment whip at a Lords debate?? I don't know.

I'm delighted to report that Lord Chalfont is very much for continuing. I've also taken the liberty of e-mailing Mr Hoon to advise him that I have no intention of giving up either. You may like to do the same. Simply scroll down to find his name.
E-Mail Mr Hoon

To the families, Lord Chalfont and all involved in the campaign, I assure you of my continued support.

To the Government and MoD - accept defeat with dignity and restore the reputations of two of your finest.

My regards, as always
Brian
"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook